Wednesday, 25 February 2015

My 5 favourite recent beauty buys











Over the past few weeks, I've been indulging in beauty buys rather than clothes (probably because my mom keeps insisting that I can't possibly fit any more clothes in my wardrobe). 
These are my five favourite products I've brought recently, all that you can buy for under £35.

L'oreal Paris Studio Secrets Primer - £14.29
I've never really found a primer that I really love and that I can use everyday, but I brought this after recommendation from my sister and I do really love it. When applied after moisturiser, it creates a really flawless and matte base for foundation. It levels out the surface of your face and makes your pores look pretty much non-existent. It is an ideal product for those of you, like me, that like a matte finish to your face.

Illamasqua Skin Base foundation - £32
This is quite possibly the best foundation I've ever used. I've been struggling for a while to find a foundation that is the right colour for my skin and that has an ample amount of coverage. This foundation has just that. It has a really natural look for everyday, but if you want a more heavy look for a night out, the coverage is buildable and it's so easy to transform the look as it's super effortless to apply and blend without looking cakey (which is the worst foundation look ever!) 

Schwarzkopf got2b Guardian Angel heat protection spray - £3
I haven't used heat protection spray for at least 5 or 6 years. My hair was in such bad condition that I didn't feel like I needed to use it, and I have always been under the impression that hair products weigh hair down and make it look greasy. Recently, however, I've had my hair cut short again and it's in really good condition (finally) so I feel obliged to myself to keep it that way. I just brought this on a whim really, just looking for a heat protection spray and this one being the first one I saw but I've really grown to like it. Instead of just being a protection spray, it makes hair look shiny and feel really soft (and it smells really good!) The best thing about it is that the heat protection goes up to 220 degrees, which is over the heat of my straighteners.

Maybelline Coloursensational Lipstick in Tantilizing Taupe - £6.99 
I got brought this lipstick as a birthday present from my sister last year and I loved it so much that I used it all and I just had to buy another one. Naturally, I am pale and I thought that a colour like this would make me look even paler, but it's subtle pinky tones make it just look perfect on my skin tone. I also love the fact that it's really creamy but has a matte finish which makes it the perfect lipstick.

Lush Bath Bombs- Tisty Tosty and Phoenix Rising - £3.35 each
I love baths, and I love bath bombs. Tisty Tosty is scented with orris root powder, rose and lemon and leaves seven rosebuds floating around the bath after it has dissolved. It has a really delicate subtle scent and left my skin feeling really soft after.
Phoenix Rising is gorgeous. It has a spicy cinnamon scent but it isn't too strong. It contains a blend of cocoa and shea butter which leaves the skin feeling so soft and it turns the bath water a lovely purple colour.

Have any of you tried these products? Or are there any other products which you can recommend for me?



  


No comments:

Post a Comment