Saturday, 21 March 2015

My Music Obsession: James Bay





I've wanted to write a post on this guy for ages, and now I've finally got around to doing it.
James Bay is the latest musical sensation who is tipped for big things this year after bagging this years Brit's critics choice award. He is a singer/songwriter whose songs have a blues-rock feel, which is made even more intense by his wonderfully husky voice. His look of shoulder-length brown hair, the wide-brimmed hat (which he seems to never take off) and his perfectly chiselled cheekbones seems to have created a signature for him, so much so that it landed him a performance at Burberry Fashion Week in September last year.
I first saw him perform live in February 2014 when he was supporting Tom Odell in Wolverhampton. I absolutely loved his performance and I started listening to his music. I brought his first two EPs (The Dark of the Morning and Let it go) and literally did not stop listening to them for a good couple of months. I then went to see him on his first solo tour in Birmingham in November and was given the privilege of meeting him. He is such a genuinely nice guy who deserves all the credit he has been getting over the last few months. So far, he has released three EPs and has an album coming out on Monday 23rd March, which I am extremely excited for. His newest single 'Hold back the River' peaked at Number 8 on the UK singles chart.
This guy has big things coming this year, and he undoubtedly is poised for greatness.



No comments:

Post a Comment