Monday, 14 September 2015

My Everyday Make Up Look

Recently, I've found myself sticking to one make-up look that I wear everyday. It's a pretty straightforward look which is easily re-createable and compliments pale skin tones like mine. The base is very simple with just foundation, concealer and powder, a light contour and highlight with a light blush on the cheeks, a pink/purple toned eyeshadow look and very subtle pink lips. 

Prep




Firstly, to moisturise, I use the Body Shop Vitamin E Aqua Boost Sorbet, follwed by the Body Shop All-in-one Instablur primer. To prime my eyes, I use the George at Asda Eye primer.

Base














For my base, I use a mixture of two foundations. I start by using Max Factor's Skin Luminizer Foundation in Light Ivory, then as I find it a little thin, I do an extra layer of foundation using the Illamasqua Skin Base in the shade 3.5. I apply both with a Real Techniques expert face brush. I then move onto concealer, using the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer, applying in a V shape under my eyes and blending it in with the Real Techniques miracle complexion sponge. I then go ahead setting the concealer with the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder, using the Real Techniques arched powder brush.

Contour and cheeks









For my contour and highlight, I use the Sleek contour kit in light and I apply both products with a Real Techniques blush brush (albeit not for the right purpose) and then I go over the highlighted cheeks with the Revlon highlighting palette in Rose Glow using a Real Techniques tapered blush brush.

Eyebrows











I find that you can never go wrong with eyebrow products from Benefit. They are such good quality and a perfect match for my light coloured eyebrows. I firstly use the Brow-zing's shaping kit to create the colour and shape of my eyebrows, and then I comb through the gimmieBrow gel to make sure all my brows stay in place.

Eyes














I own so many Makeup Revolution eyeshadow palettes but I think the Iconic Pro is the best of all. To create my pink/purple eye look I use the shade Luna as a base colour all over my lid, the shade Enigma in the inner corner sweeping towards the middle of my eyelid, the shade Fade as the crease colour, gradually adding more layers of it and blending it in nicely and the shade Afflicted as just a pop of darker colour in the outer V and underneath my eye, still blending the colours together nicely. I then go ahead and add a little of the shade Need on my eyelid to add a little sparkle and then finally I use the shade Ghost to highlight my brow bone and right in the inner corner of my eye. I then use the Rimmel Glam Eyes liquid eyeliner to create a line and a flick, and finally I end up my eyes by curling my eyelashes and adding L'Oreal Paris Volume Million Lashes Mascara to my top and bottom lashes.


Finished look

As the weather starts to get colder and more autumny, my makeup will start to change 
slightly as I tend to go for a more warm toned golden eye look with a darker lip, but I'll save that for you until later in the year. 

Let me know if you enjoyed this post, I could start doing more makeup posts if you guys like this one!




No comments:

Post a Comment